WePower is a blockchain-based green energy trading platform. It enables renewable energy producers to raise capital by issuing their own energy tokens. These tokens represent energy they commit to produce and deliver. As a result energy producers can trade directly with the green energy buyers (consumers and investors) and raise capital by selling energy upfront, at below market rates.
The technology team is led by Kaspar Kaarlep, former CTO of Elektrilevi, he and his team are the ones who built the Estonian Smart Grid infrastructure over the past 10 years. The team that Kaspar assembled for WePower has vast experience in building information systems in the energy space. Given their experience working directly with and for utilities, this team is uniquely placed to be able to intimately understand the challenges presented by today’s changing energy landscape and how specific technologies are impacting it.
- StartupBootcamp is the biggest global startups accelerator
- WePower is a blockchain-based green energy trading platform.
- Exploring the utility as a data broker business model at scale.
- Some Team members lack experience
- Difficult market to operate in